Spring is finally here, and you know what that means! SPRING CLEANING! Everyone’s favorite thing to do right? For Maid Teams it is! Ok, we know that it is not everyone’s cup of tea, so we have come up with a short check list that can help you stay focused on the task at hand. If this still does not sound appealing, then give us a call and and we can have it done for you in no time!
- Clean the entire counter top and sanitize, doing this first gives you a clean surface to put things on as you are cleaning out other areas of the kitchen.
- Wipe out & organize all cupboards. Throw out or donate any old dishes and Tupperware that you no longer use. Saving random plastic odds and ends can cause a lot of clutter and take up valuable cupboard space.
- Use a cleaner with degreasing properties and wipe off the tops of appliances (stove, fridge, microwave). There is a lot of grease that floats around the kitchen and settles on flat surfaces. Doing this will improve the smell of your house as well! Old grease can take on a slightly rancid smell.
- Dust fridge coils. When the coils are clogged with dirt and dust, they can’t efficiently release heat thus using up more energy and shortening the life of your fridge. While you are working on your fridge, clean out both the fridge and freezer, throwing away old food and wiping down the shelves and drawers.
- Clean out the oven (including vents)
- Clean microwave. This task can be done quickly by microwaving a mug of 1/2 water 1/2 vinegar, this will cause condensation that will make stuck on food easier to wipe off.
- Deep clean the sink area, you can use a tooth brush to get into all the nooks and crannies around the tap. This really improves sanitation and appearance of the sink area.
- Remove cushions and pillows from all furniture
- Wash all pillows
- Vacuum all the nooks and crannies of the furniture. If pet hair is an issue, wet a pair of rubber cleaning gloves and rub hand across the furniture, this is a very effective way to remove the hair. Run the gloves under the tap if you notice a large buildup and then repeat the process again.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets and rugs.
- Polish any wood furniture or surfaces
The Rest of the house:
- Wash all curtains, including shower curtains
- Dust baseboards with a dryer sheet, this will help prevent dust from sticking there as often.
- Empty all trash cans, clean and sanitize them.
- Flip mattresses
- Change all filters (water, furnace etc. )
This probably seems like a daunting task, so begin by doing one or two of these chores a day and before you know it your spring cleaning is done!