Remove Carpet Stains without Toxic Chemicals
As I was doing some of my weekly chores I noticed a stain on my carpet. I will admit, this is not the first time that I saw this stain, in fact I have tried treating this stain with many different stain removers that you can buy at the grocery store, none have worked up until this point. I thought that this was something that I was going to have to live with until I get my carpets cleaned professionally again. If you are anything like me, this just does not sit well, it is annoying to look at every time I walked by, something HAD to be done. Enter Baking Soda and Vinegar! You wouldn’t think that such unassuming household items could beat out the powerful chemicals that you can buy in the cleaning isle, but they did! Here is how I did it
Vinegar and water 50/50 mix
- First and Foremost, as always, give your carpet a good vacuuming to start.
- Spread a nice even layer of baking soda on the stain.
- Spray vinegar and water mix completely over the baking soda.
- Allow to sit for a few hours.
- Gently scrub the stain with a scrub brush to loosen the baking soda mixture.
- Vacuum thoroughly.
- Admire your work!
This method was able to remove a stain that was over a month old and worked when no other method seemed to.